Projects Under Construction
- Mahwah - Ramapo Valley Rd Culvert over Darlington Brook
UPDATE: The road is now open to two-way traffic.
The project includes the replacement of the existing culvert, along with, but not limited to, the construction of retaining walls, the construction of a left-turn lane for southbound traffic turning into Darlington Avenue, the widening of Ramapo Valley Road to accommodate the added left-turn lane, a new replacement drainage system and new signing and striping. This project is nearing completion.
- Montvale- Chestnut Ridge Rd- road widening
This project, administered by the Borough of Montvale, encompasses the road widening of an approximate 1900’ long section of Chestnut Ridge Rd within the vicinity of St. Joseph Regional High School to eliminate a “bottleneck” and incorporate 2 northbound lanes. This project is nearing completion.
- Carlstadt - Washington Ave Corridor Safety Improvement
This project is a corridor safety program on Washington Ave in Carlstadt, funded in whole through the FHWA Highway Safety Improvement Program (HSIP) via the NJDOT and NJTPA Local Safety Program. The project limits are from Paterson Plank Road north to Moonachie Ave/ Empire Blvd. The project includes the installation of a traffic signal and a pedestrian signal, sidewalk, accessible ramps, additional medians, bus shelters, milling and paving. The project has received FHWA Authorization and was publicly bid on January 23, 2018. Work will commence on May 21, 2018.
- Closter / Harrington Park - Bridge Replacement at Harrington Ave / Closter Rd / Kinderkamack Rd. The County plans to replace seven large corrugated metal pipes (cmp) that provide direct conveyance between the two sections of the Oradell Reservoir that are separated by County Route 505. The pipe culverts are located within the Boroughs of Closter and Harrington Park. The span is classified by the NJDOT as a Bridge. The pipe culverts are in need of replacement due to corrosion and failure. In addition to the bridge/culvert replacement, the County is proposing to slightly realign the intersections of Closter Road and Harrington Avenue with County Route 505. The proposed roadway improvements will be constructed to improve the safety, circulation, and function of the existing intersections. The four roads that come together at the project location, including Knickerbocker Road, Harrington Avenue, Closter Road, and Livingston Street, will be affected by the work and traffic will be detoured. The affected roads are also known as County Routes 505 and 102. The project was publicly bid on April 4, 2018 and work will commence this summer.
- Hackensack - Adaptive Traffic Signal SYstem - This project, funded in part through the NJTPA Congestion Mitigation and Air Quality (CMAQ) Program, is to implement adaptive signal timing on a network of 25 traffic signals throughout Hackensack. The project was publicly bid on March 6, 2018 and work will commence soon.
- Elmwood Park - Market St / Mola Blvd - This project encompasses the widening and resignalization of Market St at Mola Blvd to provide left lanes and leading phases on all approaches, drainage upgrades, new sidewalk with Borough Streetscape implementation, accessible ramps, milling and paving. The project was publicly bid on March 20, 2018 and work will commence at the beginning of June.