Recent Park Improvement Projects
Riverside County Park South, North Arlington
Sports Field Renovations and Facility Upgrades at Riverside County Park South.
The improvements to the athletic field facilities include:
- Re-grading and drainage improvements
- Re-configuring of 2 softball fields,1 baseball field, & 2 soccer fields;all constructed w/ the installation of artificial turf
- Comfort stations, bleachers and dugouts, and lighting have been added to the softball fields.
Riverside County Park North, Lyndhurst
Renovations to Breslin Field at Riverside County Park North.
Complete reconstruction of the existing baseball field
- Installation of a new comfort station
- Installation of artificial turf
- Removal of the three remaining existing structures
- Replacement of the asphalt pavement around the field
- Replacement of the existing press box
- Replacement of the existing sports field lighting
- Storm water management facilities
Wild Duck Pond, Ridgewood
Pedestrian Bridge and Dog Park Renovations at Wild Duck Pond Area, Saddle River county Park, and the Village of Ridgewood.
The Parks Department has completed construction plans by replacing and constructing three new decorative stone-faced pedestrian bridges around the Wild Duck Pond and re-located the Dog Park. Work also to included removing the existing parking area out of the flood-way along the Saddle River and constructing a permeable paver parking area closer to the existing picnic pavilion.
Pascack Brook County Park North, Westwood
Pedestrian Walking Paths and Parking Improvements at Pascack Brook County Park, Westwood.
The core improvement of this project is the creation of a comprehensive pathway system that will take advantage of the Park's hidden, natural amenities, and has made the park more available and attractive to its diverse group of users, including walkers, cyclists, joggers, dog walkers, and school-age cyclists in particular.
The county's walkway along Pascack Brook ties into Westvale Park. This connection provides a pathway so that school children have a safe way to walk to Berkeley School and provide easy access to recreational facilities and activities in Westvale Park or for both adults and children to continue on into downtown Westwood.
In short, the improvement to Pascack Brook county Park has provided a comprehensive and integrated pathway system, which will provide a variety of ways for residents to exercise and enjoy nature.