Blueberry Tart with Walnut Crust
This blueberry tart is the perfect cool and refreshing treat to have on a hot summer day!
- ½ c walnuts (Lightly toast as preparation)
- 1 c graham cracker crumbs, preferably whole-wheat
- large egg white
- 1 Tbsp. butter, melted
- 1 Tbsp. peanut or canola oil
- Pinch of salt
- 8 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese, softened
- ¼ c reduced-fat sour cream
- ¼ c and 2 tbsp. pure maple syrup (preferably grade B)
- 2 c fresh blueberries
- To prepare crust: Preheat oven to 325°FCoarsely chop walnuts in food processor.
- Add graham cracker crumbs and process until the mixture looks like fine crumbs.
- Whisk egg white in a medium bowl until frothy. Add the crumb mixture, butter, oil, and salt, toss to combine. Press the mixture into the bottom and ½ inch up the sides of 9 inch, removable-bottom tart pan.
- Set the pan on a baking sheet. Bake until dry and slightly darker around the edges, about 8 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
- To prepare filling: beat cream cheese, sour cream and ¼ cup of maple syrup in a medium bowl with an electric mixer on low speed until smooth. When the crust is cool, spread the filling evenly onto it being careful not to break the delicate crust. Arrange blueberries on the filling pressing lightly in order for them to set in. Drizzle remaining 2 table spoons of maple syrup over the blueberries. Chill for at least 1 hour to firm up.
- Refrigerate for up to 1 day.
- To toast walnuts, spread on a baking sheet and bake at 350°F, stirring once until fragrant (about 7-9 minutes)?span>
Per Serving : 177 calories; 11 g fat ;18 mg cholesterol; 17 g carbohydrates; 4 g proteins; 1 g fiber
Adapted from: Eating Well Recipes.