Continuum of Care
Description of Continuum of Care (CoC)
The Continuum of Care (CoC) system is an array of homeless and homeless prevention programs that serves people from their immediate needs for services (food, clothing, shelter, financial assistance and supportive services) through permanent affordable housing.
The Bergen County Division of Community Development is the Lead in the Continuum of Care system within the jurisdiction and is also responsible for the coordination of the CoC annual application on behalf of the Bergen County COC Committee. Prior to June 2014, the COC Planning Committee and the Housing & Emergency Assistance Committee (H&EAC) a sub-committee of the HSAC, met monthly as joint committees. This process began in 1994, when HUD developed the Homeless Continuum of Care section of the Bergen County Five Year Consolidated Plan and the Division was charged with the responsibility for the development of a plan, for the delivery of shelter and support services for the County’s homeless population.
This coordinated effort has enabled the County to maximize benefits from collective problem solving and coordinated activities. The Division is also responsible for coordinating the COC committee meetings, which are held alternating months of the year, with the COC Leadership and General committees. All recommendations and strategies for the annual Continuum of Care and Emergency Solutions Grant applications are derived from the work of these committees. The Continuum of Care system includes the entire spectrum of support services and housing options for the at risk of homelessness, homeless and chronically homeless populations.
Bergen County COC FY2017
- FY2017 Completed COC Application
- FY2017 Final Project Priority Listing
- FY2017 Continuum of Care Concept Paper and Scoring Criteria
- FY2017 Budget Worksheet for New Project
- Bergen CoC New Funding Concept Paper FY2017
Bergen County COC FY2016 McKinney Vento Homeless Program
- Bergen CoC FY2016 Concept paper Instructions
- FY2016 Concept paper Scoring Criteria
- Local Application Policies
- FY2016 Bergen County CoC Priority List
- Collaborative Application Draft
Bergen County COC FY2015 McKinney Vento Homeless Application
- Bergen CoC FY2015 Consolidated Application
- Bergen Coc FY2015 Final Project Priority List
- Bergen Coc FY2015 Local Selection Criteria
Listed Below Are Bergen County's Draft Exhibit 1 and Budget for Fiscal Year 2013 COC Application
- Fiscal Year 2013 Continuum of Care (COC) Draft Application
- Fiscal Year 2013 Continuum of Care (COC) Ranking and Budget